An amendment or rezoning to Council’s Local Environmental Plan (LEP), is an action under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and must be carried out in accordance with this Act. A rezoning or LEP amendment is a formal planning process which, when complete, alters the local planning framework. Such alterations can include changes to the range of activities permissible on land or may simply rectify an error or anomaly in the LEP (can be map based or administrative).
Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 (as are all LEPs in NSW) was prepared in accordance with the Standard Instrument Order (Local Environmental Plans) 2006 and was made on 27 September 2013. To date, the following LEP amendments to Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 have been made by the Minister for Planning:
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.1 – Map Amendments to part of Lot 3, DP 270533, Dress Circle, Coffs Harbour from RU2 Rural Landscape zone to R2 Low Density Residential zone to facilitate residential development of the site
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.2 – Rezoning part of Lot 13, DP 591220, Cook Drive, Coffs Harbour from E2 Environmental Conservation zone to B5 Business Development zone and altering the minimum lot size, floor space ratio and height of buildings controls that apply to part of the subject land to match the development controls of adjoining B5 Business Development zoned land
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.3 – Rezoning Lot 1, DP 417132, 2 Arrawarra Road, Mullaway from part RU2 Rural Landscape and part RE1 Public Recreation to R2 Low Density Residential and altering the minimum lot size to 400m2
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.4 – Rezoning lands within the Isles Industrial Estate from a B5 Business Development zone to an IN1 General Industrial zone (lands at Isles Drive, Industrial Drive, Forge Drive, Elswick Place and Collison Place, North Boambee Valley)
- Coffs Harbour LEP Amendment No.5 – Minor Amendments to Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 (Housekeeping matters ie additional issues, minor rezonings, alterations to minimum lot sizes, correcting descriptions of heritage items, new clause for temporary events and minor alterations to existing clauses)
- Coffs Harbour LEP Amendment No.6 – Additional Permitted Uses (ie caravan park) on land at Lot 1, DP 1208609, 369 Pine Creek Way, Bonville
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.7 – Rezoning various land parcels at Bonville from RU2 Rural Landscape to R5 Large Lot Residential and E2 Environmental Conservation
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.8 – Rezoning of Deferred Lands at Hearnes Lake, Sandy Beach, Emerald Beach, Moonee Beach and Sapphire Beach areas to bring them in line with the provisions of Coffs Harbour LEP 2013
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.11 – Altering the boundaries of the existing 1N1 General Industrial, R2 Low Density Residential and E2 Environmental Conservation zones within Lot 1, DP 777555, 1 Hamilton Drive, Boambee East and altering the minimum lot sizes and height of buildings that apply to the subject land to match the proposed zone changes
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.12 – Additional Permitted Uses (ie vehicle sales or hire premises) on lands at 6, 6A, 6B and 10 North Boambee Road, North Boambee Valley
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.13 – Permit Dual Occupancy (detached) with consent in the RU2 Rural Landscape Zone throughout the Coffs Harbour Local Government Area
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.14 – Rezoning various land parcels in the Korora Basin from RU2 Rural Landscape to R5 Large Lot Residential and reduce the minimum lot size from 40ha to 1ha
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.15 – Rezoning part of Lot 914, DP 870329, Braford Drive and part of Lot 501, DP 858180, Irvines Road, Bonville from E2 Environmental Conservation to R5 Large Lot Residential, R5 Large Lot Residential to E2 Environmental Conservation and RU2 Rural Landscape to R5 Large Lot Residential and correct mapping errors
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.16 – Inclusion of First Sikh Temple, Lot 2, Section 35, DP 759113, 6 Hastings St, Woolgoolga as a heritage item in Schedule 5 (Environmental Heritage) of Coffs Harbour LEP 2013
- Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 Amendment No.17 – Reclassification of 50 Minorie Drive, Toormina from Community to Operational
A Planning Proposal is the first step in preparing a LEP. A Planning Proposal is a document that explains a request or intended effect of a proposed LEP and sets out the justification for making that plan. Generally, the proposed LEP is intended to amend Council’s principal LEP such as Coffs Harbour LEP 2013.
RDM are currently in the process of preparing three Planning Proposals that will ultimately result in an amendment to the principal LEP for the relevant Local Government Area to which the rezoning will apply.