Harpreet holds a degree in Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning from the University of New England, an Advanced Diploma of Management from TAFE NSW and has worked as a Town Planner since 1996.
Harpreet started her career in town planning at Ulmarra Shire Council in June 1996 where she was employed to assist in a major review of Ulmarra Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 1992, in processing development applications (DAs), undertaking a major assessment of extractive industries in the Local Government Area in accordance with State Environmental Planning Policy No. 37 and reviewing Statement of Environmental Effects and Environmental Impact Statements for various development proposals.
From November 1997 until September 2017 Harpreet was employed by Coffs Harbour City Council. During her time at Council, Harpreet worked on a wide range of projects including but not limited to the following:
- assisting in the preparation of Coffs Harbour City LEP 2000, associated Development Control Plans (DCPs) and information sheets, and supporting Strategic Management Plan (SMP);
- preparation of various release area DCPs such as Moonee, Korora Rural Residential, North Bonville and West Woolgoolga;
- preparation of various developer contribution plans such as for Moonee, Korora Rural Residential, North Bonville, West Woolgoolga, and Coffs Harbour CBD Carparking;
- assisting in the preparation of Coffs Harbour LEP 2013 and associated SMP;
- assessment of DAs;
- preparation of Planning Proposals for the Deferred Areas of Moonee Beach, Sapphire Beach, Hearnes Lake/Sandy Beach and Emerald Beach and MI Organics Landscape Supplies; and
- project managed consultants in the preparation of Phase 1 of Residential Lands and Rural Lands Strategies as part of the review of the overall Local Growth Management Strategy.
During Harpreet’s time with Council she was a member/representative on the following Council Committees:
- Access Committee (2005-2007); and
- Agricultural Advisory Committee (2016-2017).